Monday, November 24, 2008

Chronic illness

When I was first started experiencing symptoms of my chronic illness, I had a lot of prayer and support from others. Many offered me encouragement through cards and phone calls or emails. One of the most precious things I received was a copy of a song written by a dear friend. He had written it during a very difficult period in his life and wanted to share it with me to encourage me. I hope it is an encouragement to you today.

Grace for Just Today

Wouldn't it be wonderful if up ahead I'd see
All the hills and valleys, curves and stops that wait for me.
But my loving Father knows that would be a mistake,
So gives me Grace sufficient for the NEXT step I must take.

We were made to live and bear the burdens of one day
Yesterdays' mistakes and hurts will all soon pass away
Tomorrow with it's wonder and it's mystery all unknown
Is more than we can bear today and known to God alone

It seems that when we're filled with worry over what's ahead
Or pining over yesterday, concerned with failures dread
That we are drained of Grace and strengthen that's given for today
God's Grace was not intended to be "used up" in that way.

And so today I'll live my life with all that life will bring
And face each test and joy and learn to smile and sing
Because I know that Grace is there for what may come my way
And all my needs will be supplied with Grace just for today!

Chorus: Grace for just today
For the things that will come my way
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow I can't see
But for today there's Grace enough for me

Matt. 6:34...II Cor. 12:7-10

Written by Don Krueger

No comments: