Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chronic illness-today

Chronic illness can be a roller coaster ride if you let it. There are days when the pain is great, even if it was for a great cause. Today is one of those days. The girls and I went to a museum yesterday and walked 1/2 the day, then we walked around a conference for an hour looking for Robbie. Later we were able to go to a Pacer's game and sit in a box seat, but I had to stand for most of the evening. We then had to walk back to a hotel room a ways away in the cold rain. One of these things alone would put me in a bad state physically, but all of them combined put me close to tears by 10pm. At these times, you can choose to wallow in self-pity and go the "woe is me" route (which I was definitely on the verge of doing), or you can pray for strength and comfort and focus on the fun that caused the pain. We did have a great time and made some wonderful memories together.

Chronic illness can consume you if you let it. Let's pray together that God won't let it consume us. In His power, we can conquer those feelings.

No comments: