Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Denise's Dailys

What a few weeks we've had at Higher Ground central (aka our home office and garage :). We've had several CDs going out and are already receiving encouraging words about how God is using these songs in people's lives. We're so thankful for the privilege to share these songs and know each CD is in God's hands, and He carries it to each recipient and allows them to hear what they need to hear. Wow.

We're also going crazy (good crazy though) getting ready for the Family Fun Fest where we invite our community to join us in celebrating this really amazing God we love and serve. This God who gave us our families and wants to be at the enter of our homes. He has answered every one of our prayers for this event and is blessing abundantly. We're still waiting on all of the volunteers to step forward, but we know He's not going to leave us now.

With all of that's going on, I've been seeking time to be still with God. To be candid, often it's in the bathroom where I can actually be alone...sometimes. But there are times when I need to be with my friends, you know? My favorite song to sing on the new project is "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." This song does something for me as a woman that I don't think men necessarily get. I think we ladies need friendships. Sometimes I get to the point where I tell Robbie I am starving for time with friends. He doesn't really get it, but he supports that need in me. I need to have that time just hanging out and feeling supported by my friends. So when I think about this song, I'm thinking of filling that craving with Him. "May we ever Lord be bringing ALL to You in earnest prayer." That's what I need in my alone time to fill me up. To bring it all to Him and dump it earnestly on my best friend's lap. He will bear the whole load for me. All of it. No one else will agree to that. Even my very dearest friend on earth doesn't want me to dump all of it on him. He can't handle that load. But my best friend Jesus can.

My very favorite part of the song is the last verse. It says "Soon in glory bright unclouded, there will be no need for prayer. Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there." Never again will I need to be filled up or to dump my burdens on anyone else. I will remain eternally full with Him.

No comments: