Friday, February 27, 2009

Denise's Dailys

I've come to find this sort of like my personal journal, except instead of being able to close the book and hide the thoughts from everyone I have you to hold me accountable for them.

I've been studying James and several themes are emerging. 1. Truly living what I believe in the Bible, because if I don't live it I don't really believe it and 2. Mercy not judgment. I always get a little scared when I start studying something new, because I know my generous God is going to give me many opportunities to practice. And boy, he sure has. I can't tell you the number of times I have been presented with the decision to show mercy or judge in the past week. The choice is mine. Do I really believe what I'm saying I believe in the Bible, or is it just talk? If I believe it, I will live it. I'm not going to lie and say I have made the right choice every time, but the Holy Spirit is definitely working on me right where I am, in every situation in my life. Some are very simple situations and some are as complex at it gets, but the decision is the same-mercy or judgment, believe and live it out or don't.

No comments: