Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Elbows

I promise I have a really good excuse for not being on here in such a long time. Elbows! Robbie broke both of his about 3 weeks ago, and it is amazing how many things you need your elbows to help you do. And no one really thinks about elbows. We have received so much love and support through this little trial in our lives, and many cards expressing concern and prayers. One in particular has really touched me, and I wanted to share it here. I pray it's an encouragement to you as well.

"I can't think of a single Scripture passage about God using His mighty elbows, although He surely has some, or His mighty arm would have been directionally challenged. His Word, Jesus, has elbows, or He'd have difficulty with the delicacy needed to divide between flesh and spirit, bone and marrow as He performs surgery on our hearts. God provided elbows, surely to Adam and Eve in the garden, and returned them to the great host He put back together in the Valley of Dry Bones.

Robbie, I may not remember your face, but I doubt that I will ever forget your elbows, and I look forward to what God has to teach us all about how essential is that rather obscure part of the Body of Christ. Surely there are many of us who are hard at work every day behind the scenes, helping the arms to be effective, and the hands to do all the creative and amazing things they do with the full power of the arms behind them.

I am sorry for your suffering, rejoice in those victorious moments when you rise above them. Thank you for your honest and transparency as you-and your whole family-pass through this fiery trial. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all..."

So many times in life, I want to be the face of Christ or the arms of Christ doing the "big" jobs. But this was a great reminder to me that we need elbows. If you have been serving and feel unappreciated, unnoticed, or like your job is not important, know that you are needed and that God appreciates your effort and it does not go unnoticed by Him!

No comments: